At AIMM we have the scientific and business expertise to get things done! AIMM’s mission has attracted a diverse field of talented people to help accomplish our goal to improve people's lives through science!
While obtaining a PhD in Materials Science & Engineering from Cornell University, Dr. Luis Estevez developed a novel nanocomposite materials platform based on porous carbon, called hierarchically porous carbons or HPCs.
In addition to over a decade's experience designing multi-level tunable porosity in carbon-based materials, Dr. Estevez has managed various science and engineering projects such as spearheading a million dollar, 3-year DOE project to optimize his technology.
Scientific Expertise Team
• Dr. Estevez has well over a decade of materials science research experience: PhD at Cornell, Linus Pauling Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowship at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Scientist At UDRI
• Collaboration with Dr. Crosson who has a career’s worth of water treatment experience
• Research Biologist Lisa Brown is a key collaborator and contributor
Dr. Kenya Crosson, PhD.
Professor, University of Dayton
Expert in water treatment & pathogenic water contaminants – has the laboratory for testing biocides.
Ms. Lisa Brown
Research Biologist, Collaborator
Lisa is a research biologist at the University of Dayton Research Institute. She holds a master’s degree in Microbiology from Marshall University.
• Mr. Eric Wagner developed numerous startups and specializes in taking lab scale concepts to protypes
• Mr. David Dunn has over 25 years of experience leading military research, testing and development. Dave has supported numerous projects transitioning technology for the University of Dayton Research Institute (UDRI)
• Ms. Katie Hill, EIR from EC specializes in marketing and startup development
Mr. Eric Wagner, MBA
Co-Founder & CSO, Converge
EVP business development: Converge Technologies; helped launch 16+ startups; prototyping expert.
Mr. David Dunn
Division Head, UDRI
Dave Dunn is the Division Head for the Power and Energy Division at UDRI; comprised of over 80 engineers, scientists, and technicians.
Prof. Katie Hill, MBA
Mentor and EIR for AIMM
Mentor & EIR for AIMM via City of Dayton, OH EC program; expert in marketing & growing startups.